Tuesday, April 20, 2010

boardmates


As what I have learned, you were all wondering why change of atmosphere in our hostel happens drastically. One of you tried to ask me what was going on. I remember this happens the second time around. The last time was before my birthday. You asked me why and I tried to hide the truth by saying I was on the process of reconstructing myself but the truth was I felt being taken for granted. If you were on my shoes, maybe you’ll feel the same way I did and I tell you I am a person whom you can be friend without hesitations; I can be best enemy if the situation calls for it; and I can be a total stranger if I don’t want anymore to befriended with anyone. Remember that the only thing permanent in this world is change… Now, I’d like to convey my sentiments for each of you to make things clear.

J.C. - - - you were the one who asked me why everything changes... As what I’ve said the only permanent in this world is change. Of course changes are in accordance with the situation. If the situation needs a drastic change you have nothing to do other than go with the flow and if it needs to stay the same, there would be no reason for you to change…

Pete - - You are already out to the boardinghouse by the time you were able to read this. I knew you were puzzled by what had happen the last few days of your stay. Being out of the boardinghouse is not a guarantee that I forget things, which you’re one of the characters in it. My first impression was you were just friendly. I am not sure if you observed I didn’t ask anything based on what we have shared with our other board mates before but I am not what you think I am. From the very start I knew the set up wasn’t fair enough for me beside neither you nor him told me about the set up. I continue to be civil even if sometime I felt bad. That is how I tolerate to have room for camaraderie but even a the most powerful person aims something for the whole world and no one will support him that would be impossible.

Emman - - as what you’ve said we knew each other for seven years now. I remember when we were neighbors seven years ago you were only student then. You’re still new to the metropolis but after few years you were able to penetrate in your chosen field. Years had passed and

Bob - - the first few months of your stay in our room was not that impressive. You build your silence not because you don’t like to mingle with us but as what I’ve observed you just want to hide something within you. This time you’re now coming out from your shell and that is good enough. Be yourself and little by little you’ll enjoy and start to realize that life should be enjoyed…

Joi - - I remember the time when you and your cousin inquired about the terms and conditions of the boardinghouse before you decide to stay. That time I was beginning of distaste your cousin because of what she did. I planned not to recognize you as one of my board mates but you were not preoccupied with my actions. Sometime I observed that you were not that sensitive with regards the feelings of our roommates. You talk or sing out loud you want even if there are still someone in slumber. That is one of the few lapses I observed in you.
Ivan - - “Don’t try to stop me because you may be in trouble” This was your line when you went home drank. Being close to a person is not a guarantee for you to do everything that comes into your mind to that person. Remember that every one of us has reservations in ourselves. I hope you still remember the time when I post a reminder asking about ones privacy. That was not intended just for you. It was intended for everybody. I want everybody to read the messages even your aunt. What I want is not only privacy but also the identity of the room. I don’t like our room to be everybody’s hung-out because for me our room is the only place wherein we could lay our backs with no one can disturb. It is the only place in our boardinghouse wherein we could tell it our own even just for temporary. That was my purpose of posting the message.

Arvy - - Please let me tell you my own meaning of a word “friend”. It refers to someone who is always there in time of glee and in sadness, in sickness or in health, someone who stand by you in middle of trial, someone with sincere heart. At first I saw you as one hell of a friend that is why I introduce you to my circle of friends but in the long run I observed some unconstructive side in you. There are times I observed you were naïve but I found out that you were just acting. What an extraordinary actor you may be? Like what the sayings goes “if someone deceives you once its his fault, if he deceives you twice its your fault”. My observation was you deceive me in every action you did. One example was when you had an agreement with Pete about our scheduled sharing during mealtime, you did not solicit my opinion so we could have accorded in relation to what was the agreement we had but you hear nothing. I continue to be civil because like what I have said I am after the camaraderie but if my purpose was being abused that’s the time I put barrier and let you know that it was already beyond what I expected.
Please permit me to affirm my sentiments not only for you but also to all concerned. I knew you were comfortable with one another because maybe you established the so-called “camaraderie” but respect should always be present. I want you to be sensitive enough with the feeling of others. Not every time we are in a good mood. There are also times we want to be alone; there are times we want to hear nothing but you guys specially you arvy don’t consider that you are not alone. I experienced a nth time disturbed by your actions but seems you didn’t recognize your lapses. I knew you asked from one of my eac group what had happen. I advise you not to ask somebody but to yourself and try to answer it by yourself. I tell you I can be friend forever but if I can feel that you have negative motive that’s the time I put an end in whatsoever bond we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment