Friday, April 30, 2010

My AdEPT Speech

Good afternoon!
The journey through life is one that nobody goes through alone. Whatever people may accomplish, those accomplishments were achieved only through the combination of their own personal drive and motivation and the love and support given to them from the people around them. Therefore, I must begin by acknowledging all those that have been instrumental in bringing me to where I am today. Most importantly I have to thank God, the President, DR. CAMPOS, my boss, DR. BAAC, and ATTY. ESTRADA, for coming with this ADEPT program for our benefit. I must also thank ma’am LARES, Ma’am Sharonne and most specially Sir James Francis R. Esmeralda who has invested so much time in all of us. Your efforts are very much appreciated. And finally to all my friends and ADEPT classmates, you have really made this so enjoyable and memorable.

Allow me to speak straight from the heart. Today is special and all things special should emanate from the heart, more than the mind. Today is special because I find myself among the chosen few who will stand on stage and speak before an audience. I wouldn’t have had this courage to come up here and speak to you, if not for ADEPT.

Four weeks ago, I was informed that I was included in the ADEPT class, which was intended for teaching and non-teaching staff. This program marked as instrument for the improvement if not the beginning of our new learning.
Our ADEPT teacher, MR. JAMES ESMERALDA, called this program as the vehicle for all the participants to gain more knowledge in the three aspects of ADEPT, which are ACCENT, GRAMMAR, and ARTICULATION. It was four weeks of learning and fun. It was four weeks of having exciting new experiences. It was a great learning for all of us participants. It was like having new acquaintances. A great deal has happened in the short four weeks we spent with one another.

For those who are called to participate in ADEPT classes in the future, please do not hesitate. ADEPT will not only help you improve your accent, it will also help you build your self - confidence.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my fear of public speaking is now a thing of the past. You won’t believe it perhaps but I speak before you now, my self-confidence is building up with every word I say. I know it will take a while to master this skill, but with my ADEPT training to back me up, I know I can communicate better now. And I promise not to stop until I can conquer every obstacle that comes in my way to effective communication.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment